The last few days have been pretty emotionally challenging for me. I learned of a possible complication in being able to adopt the little girl whose face I've fallen in love with over the past 6 months. There is also a very hopeful solution, which the precious and hard-working staff at Celebrate Children International are taking steps toward, but I don't yet know what the end result will be.
Please pray with me that God will be in charge of this situation and that His plan will be accomplished, both for me and for this little girl. My heart is to bring her home as a part of our family, but even more than that I want her to be in the family that God has for her. She is first and foremost His daughter, and I trust Him to do what is best for her. If He chooses to place her with me, I will be thrilled and honored. If He has another family for her, then I trust that He also has another little girl who is meant to be my daughter.
Please also pray for me, that I will rest in the Lord and trust Him, and that there will be a quick resolution to this. The most difficult thing for me right now is just the waiting without knowing. While it is difficult and painful, I can already see that the Lord is growing good things in me and teaching me more about following Him through this process. I am being reminded that as a Christian, the biggest goal of my life is to bring Him glory. And if my pain brings Him more glory than my comfort...so be it. I will gladly submit myself to His will in order to glorify Him.
Praying!
ReplyDeleteRachel we are in the same situation. I will praying for God's plan for these girls to be revealed to us soon.
ReplyDeleteKati
I'm praying for you, Rachel, and the whole situation.
ReplyDelete