So for about 2 months now, I've been waiting for the abandonment decree of another beautiful little girl who was on my agency's waiting list. And this past Wednesday, it finally came! That blessed document that has been so very elusive up to this point...it was a sweet thing to finally see it and get one step closer to bringing home another daughter. There are still several more steps before this process will be complete. It will probably be at least another 6 months before I am able to travel to the DRC to meet and bring home this little one. And of course, until the process is finalized, there are still no guarantees that this little girl will actually be mine. But I hope she will be. I believe she will be the one who will become Mikaiya and join our growing family. And according to abandonment decree, today is her birthday. On paper she is turning 5...I think she's probably closer to 7. And have I mentioned that she's beautiful? After the court process is complete, I'll show you pictures of her face. For now, I'll leave you with this:

Happy birthday, precious girl!
ReplyDeleteThrilled to see you have an abandonment decree!!! Can't wait to hear she is legally yours.
ReplyDeleteawesome news and a happy birthday from San tan Valley to DRC!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a joy to see this post!!!! Happy birthday, sweet girl!
ReplyDeleteLove and birthday blessings to this precious child of God ... hopefully to be child of yours/ours! Congratulations on a new milestone reached.
ReplyDeleteOh, exciting!! Sweet birthday blessings to this little one! Praying God brings them all home really soon!
ReplyDelete